Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bike Prayers

Sunsets are also good times to pray and think. I biked about two miles to work every morning. After deciding that riding a bike on speedway while listening to an ipod wasn't such a great idea, I decided to use my bike rides to pray and think. At first, I felt awkward with what seemed like a long time to talk to God, but after a while, I started to really look forward to the time, using it to thank Him for the many ways I am blessed, pray for friends and family, and give Him my worries. The coolest thing began to happen: I would feel very strongly led to pray for a friend that I might not have even thought about for days or weeks, then talk to them later that evening and find out that something had been going on in their life that they needed prayers for at the time I was praying for them. God is awesome. The more you seek Him, the more you will find and the more you will want to seek.

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
--Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment