Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hike to Seven Falls with my lab on the last day


A blooming fishhook barrell cactus.

Yeah, that's that's how hot it felt.

I had the best lab. Seriously. They were friendly, down-to-earth, patient, and inviting. Instead of making me work on my last day in Arizona, we hiked Seven Falls. It was beautiful, and a really neat hike. It was undoubtably also the hottest hike I've ever done in my life. We hiked through a canyon, crossing a dry riverbed several times until we arrived at our destination--Seven Falls. A 7-tiered waterfall that flows if there have been enough summer monsoon rains. Unfortunately, the waterfall was not flowing, but there was a pool of water at the bottom which we decided to go swimming in because it was so hot. The water was deliciously cold and refreshing before we headed back to La Indita for a delicious lunch of chiles rellenos. Craig and Nathaniel, you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment