Thursday, August 20, 2009

Poster Presentation

With my poster...that my outfit matched... Making a scientific poster was so much more work than I had ever realized. I worked on it for at least two weeks, and made numerous revisions. The end result looked nothing like the beginning draft, let alone the version that I had a few days before the presentation. Craig helped me so much, and I definitely wouldn't have been able to do it without him. The introduction was basically my abstract. Below that, I had a diagram of the model we were basing our hypothesis on. Next came the results section (all the charts), conclusions, and finally, acknowledgements (who funded the work). It was a challenge to fit everything nicely, and put something together that would make sense to someone who hadn't spent their entire summer doing research on ligands and BTC3 cells. I was also amazed at the cost of printing one of these posters: $50-$100!
The day of the presentation went well. I felt like I was able to explain my work well, and felt like I had accomplished something this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment